At LUNGevity Foundation, we believe that clinical trials should be considered standard of care for every patient diagnosed with lung cancer no matter where they live and what their diagnosis is. LUNGevity’s work in this area is multi-fold: to make sure patients are aware of and informed about clinical trials and to rethink how clinical trials are conducted and how people access them. Activities include:
- Educating patients and healthcare providers about clinical trials
- Developing and implementing programs to bridge gaps in accessing clinical trials by underserved communities
- Funding translational research including clinical trials into early detection and therapeutics
- Developing and promoting the role of clinical trials through awareness campaigns
- Conducting research to uncover gaps and barriers to develop interventions and programs
- Advocating for public policy reform to remove barriers to participation in clinical trials
- Convening multistakeholder (FDA and regulators, patients, doctors, and industry) groups to address barriers and promote patient-centric, efficient clinical trials
- Empowering and educating patients through educational conferences and survivorship summits.
Educating patients and healthcare providers about clinical trials
Educational resources about Clinical Trials – LUNGevity Foundation has a comprehensive website (Lung Cancer 101) and downloadable/printable booklets on the importance of clinical trials. In addition, we have an array of videos to educate and empower patients and their caregivers about the importance of clinical trials.
Finding a Clinical Trial Ambassador - LUNGevity Clinical Trial Ambassadors are volunteers available to offer information about their personal experiences with clinical trials to fellow lung cancer patients who are considering these as a treatment option.
Searching for a Clinical Trial - The LUNGevity Clinical Trial Finder can help find available clinical trials by type of lung cancer and geographic location. One can also find information and links to the medical centers at which these studies are taking place.
Speaking with a Clinical Trial Navigator - Clinical trial navigators from our partner, EmergingMed, will search for trials that match your specific diagnosis and treatment history. Learn more about this free and completely confidential service and fill out an online profile or call (877) 769-4834.